Belgium and Vietnam collaboration – 45 years celebration
To mark the 187th National Day (July 21, 1831) of Belgium and celebrate 45 years of collaboration between Belgium and Vietnam, the Vietnam-Belgium Friendship Association (VBFA) and the Belgian Embassy in Vietnam gathered last July in Hanoi.
“This is a significant milestone in bilateral friendship and cooperation”, said Pham Manh Hung.
In his opening remarks, the Chairman of the VBFA, Pham Manh Hung, wished the Belgian people to keep working hard and successfully. Those efforts will further contribute to the world’s development, prosperity, and peace.
He also welcomed the 45th anniversary of Vietnam and Belgium diplomatic ties.
How to enhance Academic and Research’s bonds between Vietnam and Belgium?
The meeting was the occasion to discuss the development of cooperation of academic and research between Vietnam and Belgium. This conference was organized by the VBFA, Enabel* and Vietnam’s Ministry of Education and Training.
“Constant innovation and experience sharing”
combined with the work of VBFA are the key of this collaboration stated Jehanne Roccas, ambassador of Belgium.
Participating in the talk, Mr. Nguyen Trung Dung – CEO of BKHUP Holding and student of Solvay Brussels School, Hanoi, introduced about the entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem between university and enterprises in Vietnam.
Strong support from Solvay
To conclude the meeting, Michel Alle, Dean of Solvay Brussels School in Vietnam added a final word sharing his confidence in the numerous opportunities of collaboration.
“There are many potential opportunities among Vietnam and Belgium organizations. Solvay is among the actors of this movement.” Indeed, IBPF is one of Solvay’s project which supports a lot of Vietnamese companies in developing and doing business in Vietnam.
Among several personalities, the assembly was composed of:
- Vuong Thua Phong – deputy head of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee’s Commission for Foreign Relations.
- Pham Sanh Chau – Assistant to the Foreign Minister, Special Representative of the Vietnamese Prime Minister on UNESCO Affairs and Secretary General of the Vietnam National Commission for UNESCO.
- Pham Khac Son – Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations.
- Anke Van Lancker – Deputy Head of Mission at the Belgian Embassy.
- Michel Alle – Dean of Solvay Brussels School in Vietnam.
*Enable aims for the development of Belgium policies internationally.