Master in Management of Banking & Finance (MMBF)
We are proud to present in Hanoi the first truly practical and business oriented master program in banking and finance. This course progamis open to meet a strong demand for high level training of managers in the banking and finance sector, financial industry regulators and specialized consultants.
The Master in Management of Banking & Finance is designed to prepare those managers, specialists and consultants to better manage the banking and financial institutions in a changing market economy as well as, to manage the risk factors associated with finance instruments and strategies.
This program is operated by the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Université Libre de Bruxelles) in partnership with the International School of Management and Economics of Hanoi National Economic University.
Who should attend?
Candidates have a university degree and show solid English skills . They are preferably working in banks, financial services companies or hold positions in the financial departments of business enterprises. All must demonstrate strong maturity and professional experience (minimum 2 years).
Candidates must have a clear interest for boosting their career in banking and finance regardless of their current occupation. Ambition, ability to communicate with others, analytical skills and leadership potential are the qualities we are looking for.
Candidates will be able to acquire top level knowledge from 100% Western educated professors and experts. Students (max 45 carefully selected) will become better in their jobs and increase the overall level of professionalism of their company leading to quick promotion and salary increases.
What will you learn? (content of the program)
The Master in Management of Banking & Finance will consist of a total of 288 hours of evening or weekend classes (6:00 till 9:00 p.m. or weekend daytime), spread over a 20 months period.
The program is split into 5 modules followed by a final project.
The courses will be taught by local professors appointed by the National Economics University as the preparation for the program
· Financial accounting
2. Financial Management
· Financial Analysis and Investment Decisions
· IFRS Reporting Accounting
· Business Planning and Business Intelligence
· Financial Markets and Instruments
· Corporate Finance and Risk Management
· International Finance
· Bank Management
· Specialized Banking Businesses
· Insurance and Asset Management
5. Advanced Topics in Banking and Finance
· Managing Growth and Challenges from the Financial Crisis
· Managing Financial Strategies
· Managing Real Estate Investments
· Managing Microfinance Institutions
· Issues in Strategy, Regulation and Governance of Financial Institutions
Final project related to a real business case: students, working in teams of 2, will have to to conduct a research project related to a business case. They will be expected to demonstrate their problem solving skills using course concepts and showing their personal evolution.
This action-oriented work will have to be finalized in the form of a written report and oral presentation (business-like) in front of a jury including finance professionals.
- Evening or weekend classes (6:00 till 9:00 p.m. or weekend daytime), spread over a 20 months period
This program is not launched in HCMC in 2015.
The first intake in HCMC is planned to start in 2017, with the recruitment starting from January
- Recognized university bachelor degree;
- At least 2 years of professional experience;
- Proficiency in English (TOEIC 650, TOEFL 530, IELTS 6.0, B2 CEFR or equivalent);
- Pass the admission process.
1/ Get applications
2/ Submit application
- For First deadline: February, 2017
(Late candidate should contact the program to ask for late submission. Permission is given on case basis)
3/ Application screening
4/ On-campus assessment
5/ Admission results
6/ Program commencement
Study cost (intake 4)
· About 201 million VND (or 9,500 USD) paid into three installments.
· Application fee: 500,000VND
Why SBS-EM Program?
7 reasons to join this program!